Applications for the prestigious position of Development Manager for the WRAP Fund are currently being accepted. The Western Regional Audiovisual Producer’s Fund (The WRAP Fund) is a financial mechanism to promote job creation in the region and to assist creative producers in the sector to overcome the challenges of operating in a highly competitive industry. The WRAP Fund will support enterprise growth in the following four sub sectors in the creative industry:
● Film Production
● Television Content Production
● Animation Production
● Content Production for Gaming
Objectives of the WRAP Fund
The Western Region is comprised of Clare, Donegal, Galway City, Galway County, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon and Sligo. The WRAP Fund will assist in increasing production and employment in the region by providing access to seed capital funding in the form of development and production finance and cashflow.
- Applicants should have at least 5 years professional experience in the audio visual industry at a senior managerial level with a proven ability to manage and work productively with people.
- Ideally have a broad spectrum of interest and a track record of working in the four genres of the audio visual industry that are being targeted.
- An ability to recognise projects with commercial and international appeal as well as an ability to spot the potential of projects at an early stage of development.
- A proven understanding and ability to draw up contracts and assess budgets for projects that will realistically enable them to achieve the vision proposed.
- Financial management skills.
- An ability to advise on the production process in order to avoid pitfalls.
- An ability to advise on how and where to seek co-production partnerships.
- The talent and ability to assess and write up succinct synopsis of projects to a short list stage, identifying the genre and audience focus.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- A creative imagination accompanied by emotional as well as intellectual intelligence.
- An ability to encourage and advise as well as reject with empathy.
- A self starter with an ability to manage a large and varied workload and work independently.
- An ability to promote and market the fund at every given opportunity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Undertake special tasks as may be assigned by the company.
The base for this position is located at the Galway Film Centre Offices, but the Development Manager will be expected to deliver on the fund throughout the Western Region, and represent the fund both nationally and internationally.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV and covering letter in the strictest confidence to:
The Chairperson Galway Film Centre
Galway Film Centre
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 14th of December, 2017.
Shortlisted applicants for interview will be required to make a 5 minute verbal presentation, without aids, on their vision of the fund.
The position will be offered on a 3 year fixed term contract. The annual salary is €60,000.
Further information regarding the position is available here: WRAP Fund Job Description.
Should you need any further information please email: email@example.com
About Galway Film Centre
Founded in 1989, Galway Film Centre is a non-profit, members based organisation dedicated to the development of film as an artistic medium in the West of Ireland. To this end, we support filmmakers, community and youth groups through education and training, equipment provision and information.
In 2014 Galway was awarded the prestigious title of UNESCO City of Film as a result of a bid led by Galway Film Centre in partnership with both local authorities and over 50 local companies involved in the audiovisual sector. Since gaining the designation Galway City Council, Galway County Council, Bord Scannán na hÉireann / The Irish Film Board, Údarás na Gaeltacht and TG4 have all been involved in setting up a governance structure whereby the UNESCO City of Film offices are now housed within Galway Film Centre. This initiative is also supported by Galway Picture Palace, Galway Film Fleadh, Telegael, Eo Telifís and all of the main production companies and filmmakers based in Galway city and county.
We are located in Galway city, just a short walk from the Eye Cinema, in the Cluain Mhuire Campus of GMIT.