JOB TITLE: Director of Production
REPORTING TO: VP of Production, Europe
Summary of the role:
Working in a busy creative environment, the Director of Production is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a multiple long-form animation production department. Reporting to the VP of Production (EUR) the role involves managing Production teams.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Reporting to the VP of Production, this role will oversee and manage the day to day operations of a TV Production department with more than 5 long long form series in production at any given time.
- Lead, mentor and develop Senior Producers including managing their performance, one to one’s and developing talent.
- With the Producers ensure the Production teams are resourced correctly to manage multiple productions.
- With the Producers, Resources manager and Head of CG, maintain knowledge of current and upcoming projects, staff skills base, previous experience, preferences and development needs to ensure appropriate allocation of staff resources to specific projects.
- Responsibility for coordinating and producing production schedules and production budgets on upcoming productions
- Responsibility for collating and communicating weekly and monthly project updates to management
Coordinate with Finance teams on project cost reporting and communication updates to management
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships
- 3+ years in a senior management position ideally managing managers, strong leadership and people management skills
- High level of competence in making well founded decision in a high pressure environment
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be skilled at managing upwards and downwards.
- Producer credit on 3 or more series with experience in managing long form animation productions.
- Excellent understanding of a 3D computer animation Pipeline
- Experience in preparing budgets and schedules is essential
- High-level competence in financial literacy a key advantage
- Negotiating skills are an advantage as experience in dealing with international broadcast networks
About Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 22 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), six Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing, and Henry Hugglemonster.